Tuesday, May 10, 2022

The Tony Awards 2022 Nominees, And My Predictions

 As of this morning the Nominees for the Tony Awards have dropped, and I am excited, as we approach June 12th where I will be covering the Awards, I will be looking into the cast albums of some of the shows given. It brings me great joy and excitement to see my favorite award show return and in full form, being hosted by the one and only Arina Debose. Seeing her as a host will be nothing short of an amazing treat, and I am counting down the moments to hearing her opening song.

In terms of plays, I will not be able to see any of them, for new and for revivals. That being said I have not been looking into the stage play scene as much as the musical scene. Stage plays are fantastic and are a cornerstone of the world of theater, but I do not have ready access to New York staged productions, I will mostly be going off of the cast albums I have access to, the buzz around each show I have seen, and any reviews.

That being said from what I have been listening to I think "A Strange Loop" is going to sweep, most years one show sweeps the entire time, and this seems to be the one. In terms of best revival, I will be pooling for, and I am predicting that "Company" will be triumphant. I am hoping that "Six" earns at least one award as that show is fantastic and deserves due recognition. 

I am ready for Cast Album releases but until then I am using West End Production recordings or older Recordings for shows like "Mr. Saturday Night". This is a very stacked year in terms of nominees from historical pieces, jukebox musicals, and original shows, I will be looking into many of the shows I can before the awards, and after the night is done. 

I am beyond excited to see not only who wins but the performances, wondering what songs are going to be picked to showcase each show, and it seems unlike last year all the content will be from this current season. I am excited to see the performances as they are peeks into shows that some, including myself might not yet have access to until a proshot or a tour come our way. The Tony awards always brought me excitement, and this one is no different. This time of year is always one of my favorites, new shows to discover, new albums, the awards, and the beginning of Summer. 

Who do you think is going to win? Do you think it will be a sweep or the awards will be spread out? And are there any performances in particular you are looking forward too? Who knows what surprises, jokes, and more will be waiting for us all, but it won't be too long until we find out. Thank you so much for reading and I hope your day is a showstopper.


No comments:

Post a Comment