Saturday, June 11, 2022

My Favorite Shows That Did Not Win Any Tony Awards

 It's that time of year again, at the time of this post it is almost the night where theater takes the center stage, and as much as I want to make predictions, but I have not seen nor looked into the shows enough to form an honest guess. I am looking forward to seeing the show and the performances and I always enjoy the opening numbers. I instead wanted to cover a different topic, musicals that I really like listening to, that did not win any Tony Awards. These are shows I listen to, have seen a couple of in some form or fashion and really appreciate. All of these shows are worth your time and here they are, shining a light on some stars that deserve it!


Waitress

Well I found yet another reason to talk about this show, and I am sure I will find many reasons more. I adore this show . If you have not listened to it, this musical it is full of heart, charm, and has a very engaging story. The music is beyond upbeat, but also has some incredible and powerful numbers during it's more quiet moments. Infusing relatable feelings into an unforgettable soundtrack. If you ever have the chance to listen to or see this show, take it. It is as sweet as pie!

Seussical 

This is show is a ton of fun, combining a ton of timeless works into a fun and family friendly show. The show has a ton of comedy, a sweet message and is a great time for viewers young and old. The music is super fun and embodies what we love about Dr. Seuss books!

Merrily We Roll Along 

A sometimes-overlooked Sondheim show, that has a unique concept, starting at the end and working backwards. Showing the audience how the story got to where it was and ending on an optimistic yet bittersweet note. The show has some incredibly powerful numbers and a strong message about art, I highly recommend it, especially for Sondheim fans. 

Tick Tick Boom

The Jonathan Larson musical that is relatable, powerful, and nothing short of amazing. This may not have won any Tony Awards in its day but the movie adaptation that came out last year is a most. Preserving this fantastic show about the life of the mind that brought us RENT, full of relatable stories, memorable songs, and really great unforgettable moments, this musical is one you won't want to miss.


Thank you so much for reading, I hope your day is a showstopper! 


No comments:

Post a Comment