Monday, December 17, 2018

Elf The Musical

As we are approaching the holiday season, I look back on a musical that I used to listen to, in fact, " Elf The Musical" was the first musical I listened to that was based on a movie that was not a musical beforehand. I enjoy the show. The songs fit well with the tone of the source material and some of the songs a part of my holiday Broadway playlist. Returning to it after some time away from it, I still find plenty of the songs enjoyable, the plot doesn't stray from the movie and keeps the tone light which knowing the original source material is a must. Some of the songs have heartfelt moments and fit so well, while some of the other numbers are big and like to add a layer of pizzaz to the holidays.
I recommend the show if you loved the film and want a fun show to celebrate the holidays.
If you find a local production of it, but do not know if you want to see it, here are a few songs I recommend that showcase the show very well.

Christmastown

World's Greatest Dad

Sparklejollytwinklejingely 

I'll Believe In You

A Christmas Song

The Story Of Buddy The Elf 

I hope your holidays are a showstopper

No comments:

Post a Comment