Monday, December 31, 2018

Musical Moments Of 2018

2018 was a wonderful year for musicals, on stage, and on screen. The year started strong with " The Greatest Showman" and had other musical hits such as " Mama Mia, Here I Go Again " and " Mary Poppins Returns ". " Hamilton " and " Dear Evan Hansen" continued to wow larger crowds and expand to two casts on top of their Broadway counterparts in New York. New shows like " The Band's Visit" which swept the Tonys and appearance" The Prom"  made big splashes while revivals such as " Once on This Island" brought wonderful classics to new audiences.  Musicians like Cher and Donna Summers got musical depicting their work to join ranks with " Beautiful The Carole King Musical" and  " Jersy Boys".  2018 showed rising audiences for Broadway, Off-Broadway, and other theater companies as more people discover again and again this wonderful escape from the everyday.

I myself discovered new songs to listen to for years to come, saw a show or two on different fronts from traveling Broadway casts to the civic theater,  and listened to albums of shows I will hopefully see performed in some shape or form. I looked shows I may have skipped over or musicals that I had only heard about and found some wonderful performances and melodies.

In the end, theater really is fantastic, and I hope the next year you can find a new favorite cast album and perhaps see a show or two, whether it be a favorite ot something new. I hope this new year is a showstopper for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment