Monday, June 19, 2017

Upcoming Musicals I am Looking Forward To

Recently news has been flooding in on next year's Broadway season, as someone who always loves adding more songs to my ever expanding playlist old and new here are a few of the shows I will be keeping my eye on.

. Frozen: although the movie has been everywhere since the film debuted, but Disney has a track record of making awesome stage adaptations of films, even making films that were not the best really amazing for example Newsies is in my top 5, and I recommend it any day it is some if Alan Menkins best. So I am optimistic to see the new songs and whay they do with twice the amount of time, and my guess is " let it go" will be the big song before intermission

. Spongebob Squarepants the musical: when I first read about this show opening in Chicago I rolled my eyes, but I am interested, how are they going to bring this cartoon to the stage? What will the story be? I not only am slightly optimistic but also I am insanely curious to see how this will play out.

.Carousel and My Fair Lady Revival : After falling in love with the revival of " Hello Dolly " I am open to seeing more classic shows brought back, as I wait to hear more I plan on doing research about the productions and original runs, I love these revivals because they show us how these shows became classic in the first place is  and still hold up today.

There are many more shows announced, some are just rumors, but I am open to hearing about other shows, I was so focused on " The Great Comet " that " Dear Evan Hansen " surprised me and I just started listening to it three days before  the Tony Awards because I knew it was nominated. So surprises still come

No comments:

Post a Comment