Friday, June 23, 2017

What's on My Playlist vol. 1

Welcome to a new segment where I just share what tunes I have been listening to, this will be super specific so you will know what version to look in to in case you want to add it to your playlist or buy these songs. This is not a list though a couple more, as well as some reviews and other fun projects are coming. These are just what I have been blasting on repeat , shows older and more current are included.

Breath from " In The Heights " - This song has so much character development in it, also an amazing tempo and a calmer feel, this is a great one

Put on Your Sunday Clothes from the revival of " Hello Dolly " - a perfect classic feel, amazing build up and a very catchy song

Waving Through A Window from " Dear Evan Hansen " - Ever since hearing this shortly before the Tony Awards such a powerful song from such a great show

Me and the Sky from " Come From Away "- a new but beautiful song full of heart, I highly recommend this one

Pure Imagination from " Charlie and the Choclate Facotry "  London Cast- A different interpretation of a classic song much like how the show is a different interpration of the book and films. This classic song carried over from the film " Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Facorty " is another great and uplifting version,  I am very excited to look at the version with Christian Borle where that version comes out

Open A New Window from " Mame " - I am still fairly new to musicals, this blog is not only a place to enjoy broadway but for the writer and reader ti grow as we bith discover bew things. So when I look for new shows it's going back and fourth between the classics and what us currently running, with a little help form the internet and my Broadway
encyclopedia I discovered this song from this classic show, this is nothing short of uplifting and catchy, truly a classic tune

And that is it for this installment, see you again soon, and I hope I introduced you to some songs for your playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment