Saturday, November 24, 2018

Musical Idea: Confessions Of A Shopoholic

Recently I have been looking into " Freaky Friday The Musical" ( review to come in the near future
), and I found it super interesting that a new musical, is not only on stage but was also performed on " Disney Channel" and the licensing rights became available very shortly after, so I am sure at least a few high schools may attempt this recent musical outing by Disney, but then I wondered, would any other Disney movies fit as musicals, even if they didn't begin as a musical much like  " Freaky Friday"?  Many posts ago I pitched the idea of a musical based on " The Prent Trap" and I still stand by that, but what if " Confessions Of A Shopoholic" was a musical? With the rise in musicals based on movies, I have wondered what film will be adapted next.

I could be completely wrong, but I wonder if this movie could transition to the stage, but I have decided to run through what a hypothetical musical version would look like.

The show would follow the plot of the movie, but maybe will expand on our leads deep love of shopping, as well as expand on side characters, or dd side characters, I feel like the story could add more laughs or character moments with a longer running time. But this is just an idea, what movies would you make into a musical? I hope your day is a showstopper

No comments:

Post a Comment