Thursday, November 8, 2018

Dear Evan Hansen

One show that has been on my mind is " Dear Evan Hansen" this is not a review or another installment of " Judging a Book By Its Album Cover" I just wanted to talk about the show. Recently I picked up "Dear Evan Hansen: Waving Through A Window" the companion book with the script, behind the scenes, making of, pictures of the show and much more. The book makes me appreciate the show even more, and it makes me want more companion books for more shows, which will be a topic I go into greater detail in the near future. Not only do I highly recommend the book but the show itself, the way it handles life, social media, and identity is one of a kind.  

" Dear Evan Hansen" captures so many raw emotions just in its emotions, that when you see the dialogue paired with it, that left me speechless, I have not seen the show yet, but with the upcoming tour, I sure will be making an effort to. 

The soundtrack is a must, and It sets a show in highschool, covers real topics, yet is not cliched while covering very real issues. I love the show so much that I find myself looking up covers and different renditions on youtube. Though I plan on going deeper in more posts in the future I will recommend 5 songs just for those who haven't looked into the show, that I feel showcase the show well and may prove to be an ideal starting point. 

Waving Through A Window 

For Forever

Sincerely Me

You Will Be Found

Only Us

This could be a start, and if you truly enjoy the show, maybe you two will pick up the companion book. Until next time, I hope your day is a showstopper 

No comments:

Post a Comment