Tuesday, April 27, 2021

5 Musicals I Want To See As Movies!

 Welcome to Musical Monday, our Monday weekly post, with some other stuff posted throughout the week as well sometimes, but Monday posts are guaranteed. So with the upcoming adaptations of In The Heights and West Side Story dropping trailers, as well as announcements for a couple other shows entering production. I decided to list some Broadway shows that I think would make some excellent movie adaptions, some may have been movies before hand but I think the musical adaption deserves some time to shine on the big screen. So in no particular order here are five musicals that I think would make great movies.


.Waitress

This musical has so much good music and great comedy with a sprinkle of heart. This show is great and I think would be great.

. Finding Neverland 

This musical has so many fun songs, a movie version would be super fun.

. Sunday In The Park With George

This show has so much beauty and soul to it, and with many Sondheim works being adapted, I would be delighted to see this one take the big screen. 

.Something Rotten

This show is so much fun, and is incredibly funny, filled with so many theater and musical references, this would be a fun, musical, comedic legend if done right. 

.Legally Blonde 

If I had to pick one that would for sure get turned into a movie it would be this one. There would need to be some updates to the writing but besides this, the music, energy, and story are such an incredible balance of fun, comedy, and inspiration that make this show unforgettable. Though it was a movie already, the musical has such an amazing style all its own that it would make an excellent movie. 


These are my picks, and I for one can not wait to see the In The Heights movie, which I will definitely talk about sooner than later. Until then I hope your day is a showstopper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment