Tuesday, April 27, 2021

5 Movies I Want To See Adapted Into Stage Shows!

 Well earlier I picked what stage musicals I think would make good movies, so let's do the reverse. Last verse same as the first, these are some movies that I think could make for some fun musicals, in no particular order.


.Tangled 

The movie is beloved, the music is great, and the music in the animated series is fantastic I am sure Alan Menken could return and add some new pieces. Frozen has taken the stage by storm, this show could be another big hit for Disney. 

.The Greatest Showman

If they make it about a fictitious circus owner instead of the real terrible one, make the story a tad more fleshed out, and add a couple more songs, this show could be amazing. 

. Hello Dolly

With the revival doing so well, that proves this classic could be introduced to a new audience with grand sets, and giant fun numbers. 

.Scott Pilgrim V.s The World

With the surge of 2000's movies being adapted this one could be fun in the same vain as Be More Chill, There would need to be some writing changes that are super dated, as well as some jokes that did not age well, but if retooled correctly, this could be a fun nerdy hit!

.La La Land

If I had to pick one it would be this movie, The beautiful and amazing atmosphere and music, the well told story and the grand numbers and set pieces. This amazing tale is begging to be expanded and told on stage.

Those were my picks, thank you for reading and I can not wait to see what movies get adapted for stage, some are not good at all, but there are some really good gems as well, like Waitress. I hope your day is a showstopper

No comments:

Post a Comment