Sunday, May 2, 2021

In The Heights Trailers

 I love In The Heights I listen to the album all the time and I saw a civic theater production of the show some time ago. And this movie coming to HBO Max is a form of accessible theater that has me bouncing off the walls with excitement. So I am going to talk about all the current trailers, and the release of the opening song all in one post. 

The trailers are filling me with so much excitement, every time they show one the movie looks better and better, and I can not wait to see it. The opening song is so well done, the lyric changes took some getting used to but when I did get used to them, I really enjoyed it. The instrumentation and performances are so well done. It felt so great to have this alongside the original, with the differences I can listen to them both and enjoy them differently. It is similar enough that I can sing along, but different enough that it does not feel like a it is a repeat. It is like another performance with different actors performing a song I love. It is a good thing added to an already good thing. 

The trailers show promising choreography, and the musical numbers look fantastic. I am super excited for this film. This looks like an amazing adaptation that follows the original in the right way and yet also diverges to make itself original while not being a detriment. And that is even more so clear with this opening song, it has so much heart in it while still being super catchy, truly making me excited for the film. 

Each trailer makes me even more excited then before, and optimistic for the future of musical movies, both original and adaptations. We also got a teaser for the remake of West Side Story but I think I am going to wait for a bit more content then cover every teaser and trailer, so when we get a little bit more I will discuss that, but for now In The Heights looks like it is going to be my movie of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment