Saturday, June 26, 2021

What Movies Will We Get A Musicals Next

 With Broadway returning I am certain that it will only be a matter of time before more films that were not musicals to begin with get a musical version to call their own. There are already talks of shows such as Thelma And Louise to get a musical, and Moulin Rouge is super popular at the music, musicals based on movies are going no where. So I decided to predict which ones I think are likely to make it from the screen to the stage.

. In The Heights Revival:

This was technically a musical first, but right now all the buzz is about the movie, I will not be surprised if the show returns to the stage, maybe even carrying over some of the writing changes from the film, to not only sell the film more but potentially change the stage version as well.


.Tangled Or Moana

Disney's last romp was Freaky Friday which did not catch on well, so with giant set pieces, the success of Frozen as well as their other shows, my guess is Tangled or Moana will be the next to take the stage. Big epic songs, maybe even new ones from the returning song writers Lin Manuel Miranda and Alan Menkin who did the music for the Tangled television show, and we could have so more epic Disney adventures on our hands.

. Ferris Buellers Day Off

Movies from the 1980's are really big on Broadway at the moment, and I think this one would fit as a down to earth, fun, comedic romp for audiences. 

.Selena 

With the Netflix show out, I feel that visiting the Biopic movie and putting her music into a show would not only be plausible but would be a hit with audiences


So these are a couple guesses that I feel would make a great Broadway musical, and are likely to happen in the future, these are my guesses and there are plenty of surprises when it comes to musicals. Some of these may happen, some may not, who knows what the future holds, but I thought it would be fun to take a guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment