Friday, June 15, 2018

Judging A Show By Its Cast Album : The Band's Visit






When the Tony Awards began there was a show that I knew of but did not really look into, admits all my hype for " Spongebob Sqaurepants The Musical" and " Mean Girls The Musical".  A few days before the ceremony I began to listen to the soundtrack, and after an amazing performance at said ceremony I listened to the rest of the cast album shortly after. Now that I have listened to the songs plenty of times, would I pay to see this show, not including the amazing performance at the Tonys. Let's find out

The plot follows an Arab police band from Egypt as they are taken to the wrong location for the gig, in a town in the middle of nowhere with a primarily Jewish population. The show is a comedy with a heartfelt message of unity.

The music is great and one of a kind, the instrumentation is fantastic and there are some tracks that are only instrumental which are incredible.  When there is singing it is nothing short of phenomenal, all the singers are amazing, with great lyrics, that either have great emotional movements to relate to, and some times infuses some comedy. The songs all have great pacing and flow, all sounding unique. Here are some of my favorites that had me tapping repeat over and over.

Waiting

Welcome To Nowhere (L)

The Beat Of Your Heart (L)

Soraya

Omar Sharif

Haj-Butrus

Papi Hears The Ocean

Haleds Song About Love

Something Different 

Answer Me

The Concert

I would see this show,  I am so glad I listened to this, so many of the songs have been added to my playlist, I loved the soundtrack and the premise. I highly recommend giving some of these songs a listen, they are great and some of the love songs are nothing short of heartfelt or beautiful, sometimes funny too.  Great melodies, great lyrics. Until next time, I hope your day is a showstopper.

Source: Band's Visit Cast Album Cover
The Bands Visit.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment