Monday, June 11, 2018

The Tony Awards

Last night the 72nd Tony Awards were a fantastic time, there was not a single weak performance but instead of recapping every performance like I did last year I thought i would just share my favorite moments.  

Josh Groban and Sara Bareilles 

From the amazing and catchy opening song to the banter throughout the night, these two were amazing, hilarious and all around great 

Sponegbob Sqaurepants The Musical Performance

An amazing tap number, super fun and a great showcase of what the musical is all about


Carousel Performance 

Amazing choreography and fantastic singing, I've never seen nor listened to " Carousel" but now I am very interested 

Honoring The Parkland Teacher/ Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Performance

This was beautiful, an amazing and powerful tribute, in the face of tragedy using art to heal was a central theme of last night and I could not agree more. 

Summer; The Donna Summers Musical Performance

I was dancing along, I definitely want to see this show, also amazing choreography. 

Once On This Island Performance

This show has a one of a kind atmosphere, I am definitely interested and the vocals were fantastic, great setting. 

The Band's Visit Performance

Beautiful and amazing, the song was moving, with great lyrics, descriptions, and fantastic vocals, a great way to showcase the show, also the band playing also did great. 

Overall this was a very good Tony Award's, all the performances were good, many different shows won awards, with some winning more then others, but still it's a night to remind us of why we love theater. Introduce us to new songs, new shows, new experiences. Until next time, I hope your day is a showstopper 




No comments:

Post a Comment