Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Songs That We Love : Before the Parade Passes By

Today I would like to discuss the dong " Before The Parade Passes By" from the classic show " Hello Dolly". this song has inspiration, as well as creative and catchy lyrics.


This song is nothing short of inspiring. Wanting to live life to the fullest and comparing it to a parade that can bring joy to your life is a great allegory.  The lyrics talk about sitting on the sidelines for too long but joining in the parade just int time. Much like " Open A New Window " from " Mame" the melody has that classic feeling, that still uses many instruments to create an anthem, as you want to join in and sing along. The lyrics inspire the listener to follow suit, and not give up. This is a classic that should not be looked over.

Until next time, I hope your day is a showstopper.

Favorite Lyric: 
                             With the rest of them
                              With the best of them
                              I can hold my head up high
                              For I got a goal again
                              I got a drive again 
                              I can feel my heart coming alive again
                              Before the parade passes by 

No comments:

Post a Comment