Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Judging A Show By Its Cast Album : Hello Dolly

" Hello Dolly" , the classic tale of the meddling matchmaker that I discovered thanks to the recent revival starring Bette Middler and David Hyde Pierce, this comedy show I only know through the album, I have not seen a production or a film.. yet, but I plan on viewing both as soon as possible


" Hello Dolly" follows Dolly a widow and a very skilled matchmaker, as her and her clients get into wild adventures and as she tries to win over the rich widower Horace. This comedy is full of wit and charm as well as unforgettable songs, this show is so good at setting the mood, whether to dance or to take a moment to breath, but this show is also good at incorporating jokes into the well written songs as well as turn the story on its head with crazy situations at the turn of a hat.

The songs are catchy and each one stands out, the revival even adds a cut song  " Penny in My Pocket" and I'm glad they did, it's a fun song. Here are some of my favorites

I Put My Hand In
It Takes a Woman
Put on Your Sunday Clothes
Dancing
Before the Parade Passes By
Penny In My Pocket
Waiters Gallop
Hello Dolly

If you want fun, " Hello Dolly" is pure fun, if you are unsure look up the cast album, you may be pleasantly surprised, I know I was. Until next time I hope your day is a showstopper. Classic Musical Month is looking to be amazing, but there is some classic theater to be discussed as well 








Sources: 

Wikipedia " Hello Dolly" Plot

Hello Dolly Revival Cast Recording 


No comments:

Post a Comment