Thursday, January 17, 2019

5 More Amazing Opening Songs

I was thinking about some more opening songs not mentioned in my old top ten, and I wanted to discuss more opening I have discovered since that post. Openings are important, they can grip the audience and introduce you to the world of the show or maybe show important themes in the story soon to play out. So I picked 5 more openings that are a perfect way to start your day, start a project, or just relax.


5. What I Was Born To Do ( Bring It On The Musical): Introduces the cast well, has a great mix of comedy with great energy

4. Live In Living Color ( Catch Me If You Can The Musical): This one is a great introduction to the character in an unforgettable upbeat song.

3. I Got Rythm ( An American In Paris): Giant, wonderful tope tapping song, that makes you want to get up and move.

2. Waiting ( The Band's Visit): This song is beautiful, simple and great way to show off the cast and open this fantastic show, also showing off the beautiful, unique musical style. 

1. Carrying The Banner ( Newsies): With this show being one of my absolute favorites I will continue to find reasons to talk about it, I don't know what I was thinking this really should have been on the original list. This opening has character, heart, amazing choreography, wonderful lyrics, and a sweeping score. Even though it is not the very first song performed it is an opening number that really shows off the world and cast well.

There is another list down, I am certain I will revisit the topic as I discover more incredible openings.  Until then I hope your day is a showstopper

No comments:

Post a Comment