Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Musicals About The Arts

I was listening to " Sunday In The Park With George" yet again ( I promise I will listen to something new and review it soon), as I listened to it I realized that I love shows about creating and making art. Whether it is writing and producing a play, making art, or following an artist's life real or fictional is pure joy. I love songs that talk about the joys of creating or the struggles of creating. A song that details balancing your work with your personal life, the struggle of making something new, or the wonderful moment when the lightbulb goes off as you create something you are proud of. 

I hope to discover more shows that revolve around the arts or creating them, old and new. Two songs I recommend that embody the themes I just suggested would be: 

Opening Doors ( Merrily We Roll Along)

Putting It Together ( Sunday In The Park With George) 

There are many version of these two songs as well as a cover or two as well. These two songs really capture the high and low points of creating, they are two of my favorites, the former talking about writers and the latter following an artist at an exhibit, both song shaving the singers navigating trails and both written by Stephen Sondheim. 

Until next time I hope your day is a showstopper 

No comments:

Post a Comment