Sunday, January 27, 2019

Rent Live And Live Shows In General

So I just finished watching " Rent" live on Fox, it was not without flaw but there were a few parts I genuinely enjoyed, It was not without issues, but plenty of the heart showed itself when the occasion arose. The set was something else, it was different but it was really cool, and led to some imaginative and awesome choreography. I feel like the microphones could have been louder, there were a few moments too many that the crowd drowned out the performances. The " Will I ?' and " I'll Cover You Reprise", and the original cast performing, was so well shot and acted that they were highlights for me, they were simply beautiful and well done, these were my personal highlights.

Even with the flaws, and the flaws of other live shows. I hope we continue to get more live shows.  Some are in movie theaters, some on streaming services, some on tv, and sometimes multiple platforms. But this way is a great way to make shows more accessible to the public whether in cost or in the case that the show is not nearby or not running. These keep the shows in their purest form, the way they are portrayed on stage. Love shows introduce new generations to shows, inspiring them to create, and it helps if they don't have the funds to go. Even with tech flaws, or performers that were not the best pick for a role, we need them.If they continue, they could very well inspire someone to write the next big musical that will  eventually get a live adaptation  Until next time, I hope your day is a showstopper/

No comments:

Post a Comment