Sunday, May 16, 2021

Broadway is Back, and More!

 Several shows have announced their return this week slating for a mid to late autumn release date. Many shows returning on different dates but shows such as Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen as well as off Broadway shows have been announcing their returns, It seems Broadway has returned, as for people like me it seems the wait will still be a while as many tours are postponed and being pushed until next year, so with theater returning this brings new excitement, new cast albums, theater news again, and hopefully the Tony Awards can finally air. So even though it seems I will be relying on local theater, cast albums, and live shows, it is not new to me. Many people like me who don't live near theater hub cities rely on tours, albums and live shows, especially the latter as we wait for tours to come and in between the weekends that the tours inhabit our theaters. 

And speaking of lives shows NBC has announced that ANNIE will be premiering as their live shows, and I am hoping FOX will announce one as well. Waitress coming back to get a live show taped giving myself and many hopes for other shows to get taped. Theater is slowly but surely coming back, first Broadway then tours, first local theaters in many different ways, soon live show tapings and more. There are so many possibilities for theater to return both in the present and the future. I recommend following Broadway based news sites as they are keeping up with these updates as they are announced. I decided to talk about news for once because this excites me as a step forward to returning to normal. Here is hoping to a brighter tomorrow for the stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment