Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Ranking All The Songs In Something Rotten

 I love a good comedy musical, and Something Rotten not only provides great comedy, fun music, but also a great amount of references to Shakespeare's works and theater as a whole. I always find myself listening to this show from time to time, and decided to rank the songs from this album from my least favorites to the ones I can not stop listening too. Now this is just my personal ranking so if you like some of these songs better then others then that is completely valid, and without further delay let's get to the ranking! some will have a fun little comment or two attached as well.


17. God I Hate Shakespeare Reprise- This Song has character but is incredibly short

16. The Black Death- Too much gross out humor for me

15. Something Rotten/ Make An Omelette- This one does not really stick with me, a lot of fun references though

14. It's Eggs

13. To Thine Own Self Reprise

12. Right Hand Man Reprise

11. I Love The Way

10. Finale

9. We See The Light- This song slaps

8.A Musical- This is fun and has great references but the length drags a little and some of the humor takes away from the song.

7.God I Hate Shakespeare 

6. Right Hand Man- Such a fun song.

5.  Bottom's Gonna Be On Top- This is a great act one closer.

4. To Thine Own Self- A great message and an incredibly catchy song, with humor and heart. 

3. Will Power- Pure fun and energy go into this character introduction.

2. Welcome To The Renaissance- Great opening number!

1. Welcome To The Renaissance( Reprise)/Hard To Be The Bard- You can probably tell who my favorite character in the show is, he may not have the most songs, but when the Bard steps on stage he steals the show, and this song is no exception. Fun, catchy, and relatable for writers, this song is truly amazing, the reprise acts as an intro that leads directly into the other, so I treat them as one song. 

So that is my list, thank you for reading and make sure to give this show a listen if you a love a good comedy musical.


No comments:

Post a Comment