Thursday, February 1, 2018

Musicals that Would have an Awesome Film Adaptation

In the early days of this blog I picked a few movies that I believe would have really cool stage musical adaptations, like parent trap and la la land. Now time for the opposite, as I sat watching videos on YouTube an Advertisement for " Mama Mia 2, Here I Go Again" came up, I was beyond shocked since the stage didn't have a sequel yet the movie did. and I thought what stage shows would translate to the screen well, here are my thoughts and feel free to share yours as well.

Hamilton- I would love to see how this would translate to film, the energy of this show is one of a kind and I wonder how the choreography and acting would translate, I would at least would enjoy an attempt

Annie- Annie has had multiple adaptations, the last adaptation was not the best I would really love to see an adaptation with nothing added or changed so we could see this wonderful timeless story the way we do on stage

Dear Evan Hansen- This wonderful story with a pop soundtrack would be great, set in high school with a powerful message about life itself, this show should have a wider audience

What shows do you wish had movie adaptations, what shows that were originally movies do you love, one of my favorites is " Catch Me if You Can"


No comments:

Post a Comment