Monday, February 5, 2018

Shows I Love: Newsies

Image result for newsies





Welcome to the first post in the month long theme of love. One of the shows I love dearly is Newsies.
This show is one of Alan Menkins finest. This follows the tale of many young boys who make their living selling papers, as the head of the paper raises prices they decide to take a stand, against all odds. The music is all memorable and catchy, you will be humming these tunes as soon as your done listening to them, the choreography is jaw dropping and the story may be simple but it has tons of heart, and very likable characters.

The songs are amazing, they are each unique and will inspire and get you fired up. It is one of my favorite soundtracks in any musical. The soundtrack is amazing, every song is worth at least one listen. Here are some of my favorite tracks

Carrying The Banner
The World Will Know
Seize the Day (L)
Santa Fe (L)
King of New York 
Once and For All ( L)


if you want to watch the show, try to find a tour when it comes around, but you can watch the live taped version on Netflix called " The Newsies Broadway Experience", it is a live production with the original cast, an audience, and even an intermission. I highly recommend if you are interested, it is one of Disney's best shows, and one of my favorites, and if you enjoy it on Netflix you may want to see it live, it is in my top three Broadway musicals of all time, it was my second show for countless reasons, check it out you may find a new favorite.

Source: Disneyplus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment