Thursday, February 8, 2018

Shows I Love: Hairspray

I was talking to a friend t he other day and they told me hairspray was one of their favorites, It had been a while since I had listened to the show so I decided to revisit the soundtrack, last time i listened was after I reviewed it for introduction to theater in college.( the inspiration for this blog) And wow I forgot how fun this show is. Whether it's the film or the stage version the soundtrack is excellent, the songs are memorable, and the characters are very charming. The plot is very inspiring, being about chasing your dreams no matter who you are, and even some social commentary about the time period it is set in, added historical significance. Here are some of my favorite songs

Good Morning Balimore
Run And Tell That
Without Love
Your Can't Stop The Beat ( L)
Come so Far Got so Far to Go

If you want a fun show, that will inspire you as well as have amazing tunes, then this show will definitely be worth your time. Thank you for reading and I hope your day is a showstopper

No comments:

Post a Comment