Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Musicals That I Want to See Revived

Carousel has a revival coming up, I thought to myself what shows I'd like to see done again, so in no particular order here are some shows I would love to see revived, and please  share what shows you'd like to see brought back.

Music Man - this classic has been absent for too long, it is a great comedy and should return

Guys and Dolls - this is another classic that has been absent for quite some time with shows like " MY Fair Lady" and " Hello Dolly" seeing a reassurance I think this and the show mentioned above are just asking to be brought back, the classic tale of love, lies, and gambling

Newsies -  More recent but this is one of Alan Menkin's best, some of the best dancing you will ever see, as well as unforgettable songs, the Broadway version is on Netflix and when it was relased in cinemas it did so well it had an encore performance. It needs at the least, another tour 

Legally Blonde the Musical- With " Mean Girls the Musical" on the horizon at the time of this post, I think we need another visit from Elle Woods, this hilarious show has a lot more heart then people think it would, it's also pure fun

In the Heights- I know this is getting a movie, but now with " Hamilton" at peak popularity why not give new fans a chance to see where Lin Manuel Miranda started with this very real and amazing show, with energy like no show I have listened to before.

Until next time, which there definitely will be, I hope your day is a showstopper, but on a similar not...



No comments:

Post a Comment