Monday, March 19, 2018

Shows that Deserve a Second Chance: Part Two, (Pitches)

There are a couple shows I read on that deserve a second chance but they failed, so I decided to pitch ideal plots to some musicals that failed, thus if they were changed, they might do better, this is all hypothetical but I thought It would be fun to try.

Annie 2 : 

The original sequel to the classic show about everyone's favorite orphan was about Daddy Warbucks needing to get married, and Miss Hannigan trying to get her revenge on Annie.  I was  reading on this show and I thought what it was about Annie raising a child as an adult, much like how Daddy Warbucks raised her, they could go on different adventures, with a new villain that would be in the spirit of the original



9 to 5:

Based off the Dolly Parton song and the movie, maybe this show would do better if It was a Dolly Parton jukebox musical, and it was made more lighthearted, with a couple of dramatic moments, like " Waitress" which is a huge success.

This was a lot of fun to go over shows that I want to see get a revival, or redone, I definitely plan on doing this again in the future. Thank you for reading, and Until next time, I hope your day is a showstopper.


Sources: Broadway Musicals: The Biggest Hits and the Biggest Flops of the Season-1959 to 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment